Are you looking for a new challenge in an international trading environment? Do you have a hands-on mentality, and do you thrive in a fast moving and high stakes setting? Then you might be the person we’re looking for the role of Trade Assistant at AMS Sourcing!
About AMS Sourcing:
AMS Sourcing is an Schiphol-based, non-profit, strategic-buying alliance that currently works on behalf of 10 top European food retailers, such as Ahold Delhaize, Migros, Kesko Food etc. This joint-sourcing approach facilitates economies of scale, and pools expertises and know-how from the largest retailers in Europe. AMS allows its members to enjoy the benefits of volume synergy, realizing the best buying prices and improving profitability. This enables retailers to offer shoppers greater value for money, which improves their bottom line and gives them a clear competitive edge in today’s fast-moving retail market.
The AMS buying process is very efficient and effective. It opens up new buying geographies for retailers and gives suppliers access to new markets and larger volumes. AMS is constantly looking for new, reliable suppliers, and continually aims to negotiate the lowest price for all its members.
AMS mainly focuses on private label products. The buying scope of AMS includes all private labels for fresh, semi-perishables, near-food and non-food products.
The business focus of AMS is sourcing, negotiating and contracting on behalf of and in close collaboration with its partners. Within AMS there are three Trade Teams; Fresh & Frozen, Food & Beverage and Non- & Near Food.
As a trade assistant you will support and work in close collaboration with the Trade Manager on various sourcing tasks during the tender process in different categories, such as:
- Preparation and participation in pan-European Buyers Meetings;
- Coordinate tenders (collection of data from AMS Shareholders, inviting suppliers, support suppliers during the tender process, collect offers, prepare quotation overviews, administrate updates etc.) in which you communicate close with partners and suppliers;
- Preparing supplier contact lists and searching for potential new (international) suppliers, organize meetings;
- Preparation of sample & quality testing;
- Preparation of contracts;
- Communication and follow up with AMS Shareholders and suppliers;
- General administrative tasks (taking meeting minutes, preparing PowerPoint presentations etc);
AMS offers you:
The opportunity to understand the competitive world of sourcing private label goods for European retailers and to gain understanding of the dynamics of the raw material markets and insight in the value chain of various products.
- A fulltime job (40 hours per week) at an International working environment;
- Salary €2500 - €2950 (based on your previous experience)
- 30 days of paid leave;
- Travel expenses are compensated;
- Attractive pension and bonus scheme;
- Great location looking out at Schiphol Airport which is easily accessible by different kinds of public or private transport.
- Every year a Christmas dinner, summer and winter party with all your colleagues;
- Higher education (HBO) Bachelor degree;
- Language: English (fluent in writing and speaking). Other language skills are an advantage;
- Good in organizational tasks (planning, prioritizing, being structured & accurate);
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel;
- Service minded with a proactive attitude;
- Flexible, ability to work in a multi format and multicultural environment;
- High degree of independence and good analytical skills;
- Preferably a retail background;
Is this the job you’re looking for? Please apply. If you have any questions, contact Jet at 0613006571 or email@example.com